Thursday, September 29, 2011

Chapter 5.1.1: Why my "idealism"?




  • Development Intern · February 2009 to May 2009 · Warsaw, Poland
    • Peace Project 2009
      February 2009 to May 2009
      Taught Peace, and cross-cultural understanding to 25,000 Polish students across different cities' high school in Poland; this was made possible by a group of 22 countries' delegation from around the world - where I represented my country, Malaysia.






You'll understand where I come from by watching the following.

Some of the things I have seen, I have experienced, I have challenged, and I have understood.

More context of why:











When the limit of your horizon changes, the "apparent magnitude" of the problem changes.
Its a difference of viewing the problem at ground zero versus viewing the problem from the 88th floor of KLCC.

That said, one should never not attempt to be "Flying Without Wings" from the 88th.

1) "Idealistic" aspiration + "Idealistic" means = Epic Failure.
2) "Idealistic" aspiration + Realistic means = A Win for Good In The World.
Ie:
2) I want to change the world ("Idealistic) + I change myself (Realistic) = In that way, I Changed the world.

Realize:
Don't try to change the world by changing others. Simply because you can't. You are changing the world, in your imagination; in reality, you were nothing more than a "nagging mom".

Having said that, others could realize certain things by themselves (then their change would come from within), if you would just lead with example.





No comments:

Post a Comment