Friday, May 2, 2014

Music?



 

When asked about why the radio is always turned off/what music I like, sometimes you will get a "I'm enjoying equanimity more than songs" answer. 

Very often I don't bother explaining myself...


(My siblings would probably say there's only one song I listen to: Jason Mraz's I'm Yours. That's what I do to give people something they'd fathom! Of course, I actually also appreciate the song's attitude to life & its free-spirited music video :)) 

If I bother explaining myself more (doesn't happen often), I might say "I appreciate music that gets me in a state of flow; some kind of exploration/discovery of me or ideas/thoughts or emotions I didn't know; some peace, relaxation, or inspiration". 
Ever since I could think, general lyrics and words just weren't worth it. Also, they are unfulfilled expression - just as those classical piano and classical ballet training which probably oppressed me more. I might be better off experimenting in my own composition/melodies... as how I did before I knew how to speak... 
and before I knew to score the straight As to be a pillar of support. 
And things just grew larger then on. I completely forgo elements that made me happy as a kid (what's the name for again?)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment