Saturday, March 20, 2010

I have a dream..

I was at Project Malaysia reading up articles of matters concerning Malaysia.
Too much can be said about Malaysia. Ongoing corruption, 'divide & rule' apartheid like governance, the judiciary, the whole failing education system, human rights issue, ethnic relations, social welfare, unfair economic opportunities, and more inadequacies.

Although I was a trainee journalist with International Centre for Journalists, I beg to digress from yet writing another report. I felt that too much talking has already been done. Talking and acknowledging problems helps much less than taking real actions.

This was why I initiated the Project Exchange for Change Malaysia as a realistic step that I could take to address the root of revolving national issues and problems.

ExchangeforChangeMalaysia.blogspot.com


I dare say I was alone in my effort in organizing the whole project but, in the end, I achieved my goal. I did not know where my effort will take me. Along the way, I knew that I have gathered at least 340 Malaysian youths in my group and have passed the message of real actions we can take in hoping for change to 2000 Malaysian youths.

The point I am trying to make is that one person, can make a difference, if you want to.



Education can change a nation.

Recently, I have also been pondering upon my idea of establishing a liberal arts college in Malaysia.
I felt that this was one of the most contributory action I could take in my life to actually change Malaysia.
I'll continue this post some other time :)

2 comments:

  1. I have read several posts in your blog and I must say, your ambition is really 'something'. It's a nice idea though; God knows how I wish there are more Malaysians having the same brilliant thoughts like you.

    I wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :) haha, I think I'm just trying to live a life capable of the greatest contribution to the world. I believe we shouldn't just sit down, and wish for others to do something. We are all brilliant people who are perfectly capable of it. Join me, in my journey, in any way you decide :)

    ReplyDelete